Specific conditions regarding the wallet
You will find the wallet in the “You” section of the navigation bar.
You will also be able to see the history of your wallet’s movements. You can separate it by entries, exits or view it all together.
1. Paying with your wallet
Once you have made a sale on Wallapop, you will have the amount in your wallet. The money stored in the wallet is used to make purchases on Wallapop shipping.
At the time of payment, if the amount of the purchase is equal to or less than the money in your wallet, you will be given the option to pay with your wallet. If the amount in your wallet is insufficient, you will have the option to make a mixed payment (wallet + bank card or Paypal).
You can check the payment method in the shipment tracking.
For refunds, if you have made a mixed payment with the wallet, each amount will be refunded through the corresponding payment method. For example, if you paid €20 by wallet and €10 by card, the refund will be made to each payment method, respectively.
2. Receiving money through the wallet
Proceeds from sales made through Wallapop shipping will appear in your wallet without having to wait for your bank once the buyer has confirmed that the item is in good condition.
Once the money is available in the wallet you can decide if you want to use it to make purchases on Wallapop or transfer the money to your bank account, without any additional cost, and which you will receive within 2-5 working days. Remember that if you want to transfer the money to your bank account, you must have it registered with Wallapop.
To transfer the money to your bank account:
- Access your wallet and find the “Transfer to my bank account” button. If you have not yet verified your identity, the button will be disabled and you will see a message asking you to verify your identity. For more information on identity verification see: Verify my identity.
- Once you have verified your identity, you will be given the option to add a bank account if you have not yet registered one, or a menu to select the amount you want to transfer (always equal to or less than the amount available).
- Once you confirm the transfer, you will receive the money within 2-5 working days.
3. When do I receive a refund?
Listed below are the different situations in which the amount paid for an item is refunded:
- If you have made an offer and after 24 hours the seller has not accepted the offer or has rejected it.
- If the seller does not deliver the package to the transport company within the established period, the code will expire and the amount will be refunded to your account.
- If the seller cancels the transaction before delivering the package to the transport agency, we will proceed to refund the amount according to the payment method used and will inform you via chat.
- If it is not possible to deliver the package to the recipient and it is returned to the seller, the amount will be refunded.
- In cases of returns, when the seller receives the returned package, the amount will be refunded.
Once the refund has been processed:
- If you paid with the wallet, you will be able to use the money immediately.
- If you made a mixed payment using the wallet, the money will be refunded via the corresponding payment method. For example, if you paid €20 with the wallet and €10 with a card, the corresponding refund will be made to each payment method, respectively.
- If you paid by credit card, you will receive it in your account within 2-5 working days, depending on your bank (weekends not included). Please note that if you paid by credit card, the refund may be reflected in the next monthly statement.
4. Collecting face to face with the wallet
To receive your money in face-to-face sales, access your wallet from the “You” section of the navigation bar and click on the “Collect” button under the available balance.
The camera will automatically open to scan the QR code that the buyer will have to show you. If you have trouble scanning it, you can add it manually by typing in the code that appears below the buyer’s QR code. Remember that the QR code is valid for 24 hours and, if it has expired, you will have to ask the buyer to generate a new code.
You will automatically receive the amount as an available balance in your wallet.
5. Paying face-to-face with the wallet
To pay face-to-face with the wallet, access the wallet and click on the “Pay” button under your available balance.
Next, enter the amount you are going to pay the seller and click on “Pay now”. Remember that it must be equal to or less than the balance in your wallet. It is not possible to make payments for a higher amount using the wallet, but you can make a mixed wallet+cash payment.
A QR code will then be displayed on your screen for the merchant to scan from the option in their wallet. If for some reason the camera on the merchant’s device is unable to scan the QR code, you will be able to scan it manually using the alphanumeric code that you will find below the QR code.
Please note that this is a deal between private individuals – Wallapop cannot mediate in any case and there is no option to make a complaint.
6. Wallapop coins notice
As of 7/2/2021, the Wallapop coins functionality has been deactivated, meaning it is no longer possible to buy Wallapop coins.
Wallapop coins allow you to buy area, city and country highlight packs at discounted prices. It does not allow the purchase of services to reactivate expired ads. Wallapop coins do not serve in any case to pay for items advertised in the application and are used exclusively for payment of highlights.
Wallapop coin packs expire 12 months after purchase. By purchasing a new pack, the remaining credits acquire the new expiry date.
It is not possible to sell Wallapop coins, nor to transfer them from one Wallapop profile to another.
You can check your Wallapop coin balance in the “my area” section of the website.