Wallapop is committed to respecting the privacy of users and the protection and security of your personal data. Therefore, it is very important for us to inform you about the way we collect, treat and protect the personal data provided to us through our website, social networks and application.
The use of the Wallapop website and app is not intended for children under the age of 14 and, therefore, they should refrain from providing any personal information. In this regard, Wallapop recommends the use of its website and its application to persons over 18 years of age. To this end, Wallapop reserves the right to check the age of users of its website and its application at any time.
The local specific amendments referred to below also apply to consumers in those territories and, in some cases, may set different rules due to applicable local laws, rules and regulations. If so, the local specific amendment will govern in the event of a conflict.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
The processing of data is carried out by and on behalf of Wallapop S.L. (hereinafter, “Wallapop”), which collected your data, with registered office at Avenida Meridiana 89, 6th floor, C.P. 08026, Barcelona (Spain), with tax identification number B-66049057.
If you wish to contact us to resolve any questions, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When and how do we collect your personal data?
Wallapop collects and processes personal data both from users who have registered on our website and on our application, as well as users who, without having registered, browse or consult them.
Wallapop obtains and uses the IP data and other identifiers provided by the device from which you browse our website or application, as well as the Data you provide when registering as a Wallapop “User”, alongside the Data obtained as a result of your browsing, requests, publications, conversations, searches, purchases, ratings from other users, participation in competitions and the Data derived, where appropriate, from the linking of your registration on our website or application with your Facebook or Google account.
Additionally, if you give us your consent, Wallapop will also process the location of your device to inform you of the items that are closest to you, thus allowing you to enjoy our services in a complete way.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
The categories of Data we collect depend on your activity and interaction with Wallapop through the website, app and social media. Also, Wallapop will only collect personal data that is necessary for the purposes we carry out. The following data may be collected:
Social network data
- Categories of data: Basic data
- Collected data: Name and surname, e-mail, telephone number, password.
- Categories of data: Registration data (Information collected when you use the Wallapop website and applications for informational purposes only – Information relating to your use of the website)
- Collected data: In accordance with the choice of cookies provided (if and when applicable), when you use our Platform for informational purposes only (e.g., you do not register on the Platform, shop through the Platform or otherwise submit your data), your Internet browser automatically collects, and transfers to us, certain basic information related to your use of the Platform. Such registration data may include the type and version of your browser, your operating system and interface, the device being used, language preference, the website from which you are visiting us (referring URL), the page(s) you visit on our Platforms, the date and time of your visit, part of your Internet Protocol address (IP), your actions taken on the Platforms, and the name of your access provider.
- Please also note that certain features of our website and app use location-based browsing in order to provide you with the most relevant information in each case, as well as to offer you certain services. Although location-based browsing is always a user’s choice, in cases where you reject location-based browsing, the Wallapop website and/or application will not be able to offer you location-based functionalities or provide you with location-based content.
- Categories of data: Social network data (Information collected when you use Wallapop’s social media for informational purposes only – Information processed by third-party social media providers)
- Collected data: The very use of our Platforms does not generally involve data processing activities (including data transfers) in connection with third party media platforms and/or social networks (such as Facebook and Instagram, “External Platforms“). However, if you accept the provided targeting cookie (if and when applicable) or if you use the sharing buttons that allow you to share Wallapop content with your friends through these External Platforms, the External Platforms may (subject to their own legal basis) collect and otherwise process personal data about you for the purpose of providing you with personalized advertising. For more information on the scope and purposes of the data processed by the External Platform provider, including your rights and settings options to protect your privacy, please refer to the privacy notice of the respective External Platform provider.
- Categories of data: Application data (information collected when you interact with us in other ways)
- Collected data: The information you share with us when you interact with us through application forms. Also when you apply for a job offer.
For what purposes, legitimate basis and conservation do we process your personal data?
In the event that you have not registered on our website and/or in our application, Wallapop will process the IP of your device for the following purposes:
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Legitimate interest to improve our commercial offer.
- PURPOSE: Identify the origin of the download of our application in order to improve the commercial offer.
- STORAGE PERIOD: Only at the time of such downloading shall it be carried out.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Express consent by accepting the cookies policy.
- PURPOSE: Access your location while browsing our website or using our application to show you the products nearest you.
- STORAGE PERIOD: Wallapop will treat and keep the location of your device for the purposes indicated previously, as long as you do not disable the geolocation of your device.
In the event that you have registered on our website and/or in our application, the purposes for which we will treat your Personal Data are:
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: The basis of legitimacy that enables Wallapop to process your data for the present purpose is your registration request and with it your consent.
- PURPOSE: Manage your registration and user preferences within the registered user area, as well as to provide you with our website and/or application services that you have requested.
- STORAGE PERIOD: The data collected to enable you to register on our website or application will be retained until you cancel your account.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: The legitimate basis for such processing is Wallapop’s compliance with certain legal obligations, as well as the legitimate interest in protecting our services and products.
- PURPOSE: To ensure the proper use of our services and products, preventing unlawful use or contrary use of our policies and values, and possibly unsubscribing you as a registered user.
- STORAGE PERIOD: The data collected to manage your user preferences will be retained as long as you do not object to such processing.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Legitimate interest in improving our commercial offer.
- PURPOSE: To show you adverts tailored to your consumption and browsing habits obtained from the use of our application or website
- STORAGE PERIOD: Data collected and processed to ensure the proper use of our services and products will be retained until the corresponding verification action has been carried out.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Wallapop will carry out such treatment in attention to the relationship maintained with you, taking into account that such communications will always be about our products and services.
- PURPOSE: To send you, by any means, including electronic means, commercial communications in relation to the products and services offered by Wallapop, communications that may be addressed to you based on your consumption, browsing or use habits of our Website and/or Application.
- STORAGE PERIOD: The data collected to show you targeted advertising will be used as long as you do not object to such processing.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Express consent to participate in the contests we promote
- PURPOSE: Manage your participation in the contests we organize in accordance with our legal bases
- STORAGE PERIOD: The data collected to send you commercial communications about our own services will be kept until you unsubscribe as a registered user or object to such processing.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Processing that we will carry out under the protection of our legitimate interest, in order to prevent fraud or unlawful acts
- PURPOSE: To collect and analyze the content of the chats in which you interact with other users, in order to verify you are making lawful use of our services.
- STORAGE PERIOD: The storage period for this processing is 5 years.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: Wallapop carries out such processing as a consequence of your acceptance of the general terms and conditions of the contract made at the time of requesting the delivery service of the item or services requested.
- PURPOSE: To monitor delivery of the items and/or services purchased through our website and/or application.
- STORAGE PERIOD: Those data collected to carry out the services will be kept as long as you do not unsubscribe as a registered user and do not oppose such treatment.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: The legitimate basis for carrying out this processing is the acceptance by you of our general terms and conditions at the time of contracting this service.
- PURPOSE: To manage and control subscriptions or payment for positioning or visibility.
- STORAGE PERIOD: The data obtained as a result of your contracting our services will be retained until the civil liability arising from said service expires.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: the legitimate basis for this treatment being the legal obligation of Wallapop in accordance with the regulations for the protection of consumers and users.
- PURPOSE: To manage complaints and queries about the items and/or services purchased through our website and/or application.
- STORAGE PERIOD: Those data obtained as a result of complaints or queries that you may direct to us will be kept until the corresponding complaint or query has been resolved, or for a period of 5 years to ensure its reliability.
- BASIS OF LEGITIMACY: This processing will only be carried out if you give us your consent to do so.
- PURPOSE: If you have given us your express consent to this effect, we will communicate your data to third party companies outside of Wallapop in order to show you advertising adapted to your consumption and browsing preferences for our own items and services, as well as those of third parties.
- STORAGE PERIOD: The data relating to your browsing or consumption habits that we may have obtained from third parties will be kept as long as you do not revoke the given consent.
In general, when you unsubscribe as a registered user of Wallapop, Wallapop will delete all the information it has about you. However, Wallapop will keep purely statistical data on the use of its resources and tools by users.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Wallapop only discloses your data to third parties outside of our company if you give us your consent to do so. Your data may also be shared and processed for fraud prevention or dispute management purposes. We only select service providers that offer adequate data protection guarantees.
Under no circumstances does Wallapop share user data with third party companies, inside or outside the European Union for purposes other than the provision of the service without your explicit consent.
Know your data protection rights.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation to the processing and portability of your data, as well as the revocation, at any time, of the consents, if any, provided to Wallapop, S.L., with address at Avenida Meridiana 89, 6th floor, C.P. 08026, Barcelona (Spain), with NIF B-66049057, attaching a photocopy of your ID card or equivalent valid identification document. For your convenience, and without prejudice to certain formal requirements established by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD), Wallapop, S.L. offers you the possibility of exercising the aforementioned rights via email: email@example.com.
Likewise, we remind you of the possibility of making a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, especially when you consider that Wallapop has not duly satisfied the exercise of your rights. This claim may be submitted to the aforementioned authority through the different options that the electronic headquarters of the Spanish Data Protection Agency offers (https://www.aepd.es/reglamento/derechos/index.html).
How to contact Wallapop for privacy requests