Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Wallapop S.L. (hereinafter, “Wallapop”), with registered office at Avenida Meridiana 89, 6ª planta, C.P. 08026, Barcelona (Spain), with tax identification number B-66049057 and e-mail address “email@example.com”, will be the data controller responsible for your personal data (hereinafter, the “Data”).
Who does this Policy apply to?
Use of the Wallapop website and its application is not intended for children under 14 years of age and, therefore, they must refrain from providing any information of a personal nature. Use of the Wallapop website and application is recommended for persons over 18 years of age. To this end, Wallapop reserves the right to check the age of users of its website and application at any time.
When do we collect your personal data?
Wallapop collects and processes personal data both from users who have registered on our website and on our application, as well as users who, without having registered, browse or consult them.
Wallapop obtains and uses the IP data and other identifiers provided by the device from which you browse our website or application, as well as the Data you provide when registering as a Wallapop “User”, alongside the Data obtained as a result of your browsing, requests, publications, conversations, searches, purchases, ratings from other users, participation in competitions and the Data derived, where appropriate, from the linking of your registration on our website or application with your Facebook or Google account.
Additionally, if you give us your consent, Wallapop will also process the location of your device to inform you of the items that are closest to you, thus allowing you to enjoy our services in a complete way.
What data do we collect?
Please also note that certain features of our website and app use location-based browsing in order to provide you with the most relevant information in each case, as well as to offer you certain services. Although location-based browsing is always a user’s choice, in cases where you reject location-based browsing, the Wallapop website and/or application will not be able to offer you location-based functionalities or provide you with location-based content.
For what purposes and on what legitimate basis do we process your personal data?
In the event that you have not registered on our website and/or in our application, Wallapop will process the IP address of your device for the following purposes:
- To find out the origin of the download of our application, carrying out such processing in response to our legitimate interest in improving our commercial offer.
- To access your location as you browse our website or use our application to show you the items closest to you. We will only do this if you give us your consent to do so, by accepting our Cookies Policy or through your device settings.
In the event that you have registered on our website and/or in our application, the purposes for which we will process your Personal Data are:
- To manage your registration and user preferences within the registered user area, as well as provide you with the services of our website and/or application that you have requested. The basis of legitimacy that enables Wallapop to process your data for this purpose is your registration request.
- To ensure the proper use of our services and products, preventing unlawful use or contrary use of our policies and values, and possibly unsubscribing you as a registered user. The legitimate basis for such processing is Wallapop’s compliance with certain legal obligations, as well as the legitimate interest in protecting our services and products.
- To show you adverts tailored to your consumption and browsing habits obtained from the use of our application or website, in accordance with our legitimate interest in improving our commercial offer.
- To send you, by any means, including electronic means, commercial communications in relation to the products and services offered by Wallapop, communications that may be addressed to you based on your consumption, browsing or use habits of our Website and/or Application. Wallapop will carry out such processing in accordance with the relationship maintained with you, bearing in mind that the aforementioned communications will always be about our products and services.
- To manage your participation in the competitions we organise, such processing being legitimised by your acceptance of the legal bases of the corresponding competition in which you freely participate.
- To analyse the content of the chats in which you interact with other users, in order to verify you are making lawful use of our services. Processing that we will carry out under the protection of our legitimate interest, in order to prevent fraud or unlawful acts.
- To monitor delivery of the items and/or services purchased through our website and/or application. Wallapop carries out such processing as a consequence of your acceptance of the general terms and conditions of the contract made at the time of requesting the delivery service of the item or services requested.
- To manage and control subscriptions or payment for positioning or visibility. The legitimate basis for carrying out this processing is the acceptance by you of our general terms and conditions at the time of contracting this service.
- Manage complaints and queries about the items and/or services purchased through our website and/or application, the legitimate basis for this treatment being the legal obligation of Wallapop in accordance with the regulations for the protection of consumers and users.
- If you have given us your express consent to this effect, we will communicate your data to third party companies outside of Wallapop in order to show you advertising adapted to your consumption and browsing preferences for our own items and services, as well as those of third parties. This processing will only be carried out if you give us your consent to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
If you have not registered on our website and/or in our application, the storage period of your personal data by Wallapop shall be as follows:
- The processing of the IP or any other identifier of your device to find out the origin of the download of our website and/or application will be carried out only at the time when the download takes place.
- For its part, Wallapop will process and store the location of your device for the aforementioned purposes until you disable the geolocation of your device.
If you have registered on our website and/or in our application, the Data we process will be kept for the following periods:
- The data collected to enable you to register on our website or application will be retained until you cancel your account.
- The data collected to manage your user preferences will be retained until you object to such processing.
- Data collected and processed to ensure the proper use of our services and products will be retained until the corresponding verification action has been carried out.
- The data collected to show you targeted advertising will be used until you object to such processing.
- The data collected to send you commercial communications about our own services will be kept until you unsubscribe as a registered user or object to such processing.
- The data collected as a result of your participation in Wallapop competitions will be retained until the end of the relevant competition.
- We will retain the data you provide via our chat for as long as we are checking the lawful use of our services.
- The data obtained as a result of your contracting our services will be retained until the civil liability arising from said service expires.
- The data collected as a result of your contracting our positioning services will be retained until you unsubscribe from said service.
- Data obtained as a result of complaints or queries that you may address to us will be retained until the corresponding complaint or query has been resolved.
- Data relating to your browsing or consumption habits that we may have obtained from third parties will be retained until you revoke the consent you have given.
In general, when you unsubscribe as a registered user of Wallapop, Wallapop will delete all the information it has about you. However, Wallapop will keep purely statistical data on the use of its resources and tools by users.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Wallapop only discloses your data to third parties outside of our company if you give us your consent to do so. Your data may also be shared and processed for fraud prevention or dispute management purposes.
On the other hand, third parties located outside the European Union may access your personal data for the sole purpose of providing us with services that are necessary to manage and offer our services and products to users. In this respect, please note that we only select service providers that offer adequate guarantees of protection of your Data, and you can contact Wallapop for further information in this respect.
What are your personal data protection rights?
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation of processing and portability of your Data, as well as the revocation, at any time, of the consents, if applicable, provided to Wallapop S.L., with registered address at Avenida Meridiana 89, 6th floor, C.P. 08026, Barcelona (Spain), with tax identification number B-66049057, attaching a photocopy of your ID card or equivalent valid identification document. For your convenience, and without prejudice to certain formal requirements established by GDPR, Wallapop S.L. offers you the possibility of exercising the aforementioned rights via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Likewise, we remind you of the possibility of making a complaint to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, especially when you believe Wallapop has not duly satisfied the exercise of your rights. This complaint may be submitted to the aforementioned authority through the different options offered by the electronic headquarters of the Spanish Data Protection Agency (https://www.aepd.es/reglamento/derechos/index.html).